I think it depends on what your comparing it to.

Obviously, taking a desktop apart is probably going to be easier than
a laptop, but I find that in situations like this, practice really
does make perfect. 3 years ago, i was limited to upgrading memory on
laptops, but now I can do complete tairdowns and motherboard
replacements.

What I'm trying to say is if you find laptops hard, just keep at it
and you'll get better lol.