You can also do a 3-finger triple tap on the track pad to turn the screen
curtain on.  That is, if you have the track pad enabled on a newer Macbook.
hth  I always dim my screen too.  Of course, my 4-year-old granddaughter wanted
to know why there wasn't anything on my screen.  I suppose she thinks granny is
crazy.  LOL!!  She doesn't get it that I can't see yet.