Hi list; thanks to the member that suggested fission. I just tried it, and i was able to make it do what i wanted with very little trouble. I deleted unnecesary audio at the beginning and end of a wav file and saved it to my hard drive. it handles a lot of different file types, and it has quite a few features that i didn't really play with yet. the trial version does lower the audio quality and they say so before you use it; but i was stil able to confirm that it would do what i wanted. it costs $32 u s. plan on buying it. thanks again, max