Hello; I don't have an iphone and probably won't anytime soon because I'm with sprint; but your problem could be with a t & t's block on tethering. There may be a option in the phone that was preset by the carrier. now that a t & t is going to allow tethering but do away with unlimited data plans, maybe you will be able to completel sinc the device. good luck, max