I've never had VO read messages automatically, but I was automatically focused
into the text area and then I could 2 finger flick down to read or VO+A.  Not
now.  I have to navigate to text.

On Jun 15, 2010, at 9:14 PM, M. Taylor wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I just updated to 10.6.4.  Why-o-why did I do this?
>
> Until this update, when I pressed the [Enter] key on a message item in my
> Apple Mail Inbox, VoiceOver would automatically begin reading the content of
> the message; that is to say that data located in the Scroll area.  It was
> pure bliss.
>
> Since the update, however, VoiceOver reads the message header info and then
> promptly stops.  Forcing me to use a command to begin reading.
>
> Please tell me this is a configurable setting in VoiceOver.  (Smile)
>
> Also, keep in mind that I do not use the preview pane; that is to say, the
> horizontal splitter is parked at the bottom of the Apple Mail Window.
>
> All suggestions greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Mark

Egun On, Lagunak! (Basque for G'day, Mates)
Pete Nalda
http://www.myspace.com/musikonalda
http://www.facebook.com/lpnalda