Hi,

Your answer is Growl. Growl has a Speech style, and when you set it and
configure Syrinx, it can speak tweets. I don't recall if it can speak your
timeline, but certainly mentions and direct messages on my end. The Speech
style has a few bugs, and I'm hoping they will be ironed out.

Regards,
Nic
Mobile Me: nic2...@me.com
GoogleTalk: chojiro1...@gmail.com
Facebook
Twitter
Skype: Kvalme
MSN Messenger: nico...@home3.gvdnet.dk
Yahoo! Messenger: cin368
AIM: cincinster

On Jun 19, 2010, at 9:53 PM, Allison Manzino wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> That's a good question. I have no idea how to do this with Syrinx. I wonder
> if it can be done. I know it can be done in Adium but I'm not sure  about
> Syrinx. Just thought I'd reply so you're not alone :)
>
> Allison
> On Jun 19, 2010, at 2:48 PM, phil stephenson wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm presuming the fact no one has replied means no one knows how this can be
>> done?  if that's so then fair enough but just wondering.
>>
>> thanks anyway,
>>
>> Phil
>>

>> On 17 Jun 2010, at 21:50, phil stephenson wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Related to the questions re Adium, iChat etc I was wondering if I could get
>>> VO to speak new tweets as they come in with Syrinx.  yes I know I can go to
>>> the app and read new tweets but what I mean is can I get Syrinx to do this
>>> even if I'm in another application.  I note there is a speech option in the
>>> Edit menu of Syrinx but it's grayed-out for me and so not sure what this
>>> applies to.
>>>
>>> Anyway all help gratefully received.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> Phil