Ah, I see what you mean Mary, currently VoiceOver will scrub through the text
if you hold control-option-down arrow or only down arrow down while it scans
through the text, but when you lift your fingers, it will stop in stead of
continue reading, like you'd like it to do. It would be a neat extra feature,
so please go ahead and write accessibil...@apple.com about it. Smile.

Thanks,
JOhn André