This is actually a great idea.
I'll start the list with what I know if someone wants to post and manage it
somewhere:

Abby Fine Reader Express (OCR)
Quicken Essentials (financial)
Eclipse (programming environment)
Bean (text editor)
Open Office is somewhat useable (Office suite)

Most of the Apple programs and most programs written in Java or Python. Look
for CoCoa based Mac programs rather than Carbon based ones.