Even better, you can do command-space which brings up spotlight and just type a few characters of the file you're wanting. It will then, more or less instantly, show a list of matches. You can navigate this list to get to the specific file. Search on Windows was always horribly slow to the point of using it only in desperation. Spotlight is fast enough that some even use it as an app launcher by typing in Saf and arrowing down to find Safari and launch it.

CB

sister Heather Albright wrote:
I have not received my mac yet but was wondering if you have a run command and you can type the drive with the folder and the name of the file. For example: in windows you can do windows run to run and c:/folder name / name of file. I was just wondering because that is how I get to my files on the pc. If you don't, I wrote down the command to get to the files folder for the mac. Thanks Heather -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group.