Good tips, except for me, I had to dump the windows box in order to buy the
Mac.  I now have a Mac that can run both, but Windows itself is too expensive.
I could put Linux on here but I'm happy with this just fine :)

On Jul 16, 2010, at 3:02 AM, M. Taylor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You Wrote:
> I am interested in knowing anyones top ten things I should know or do
> before I open the boxes with the new Mac Book Pro in it and begin the
> journey into changing from my PC life into a Mac style of computing.
>
> Mark's Answer:
>
> My answer is a simple one:
> There are 2 things I strongly recommend to anyone regardless of his/her
> computer usage history:
> 1.  Remain open-minded about all that you encounter on the new operating
> system.
>
> 2.  Do not consider abandoning your previous operating system for there will
> be aspects of it that work more conveniently than on the new operating
> system.
>
> In short, there is no reason why one should be either a Mac user or a Windows
> or for that matter a Linux user.  True power comes from   diversity.
>
> Do not limit your possibilities by switching from one to another but rather
> expand your options by adding a new tool to your proverbial toolbox.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Mark
>

> On Jul 15, 2010, at 4:57 PM, 504 area wrote:
>
>> I am interested in knowing anyones top ten things I should know or do
>> before I open the boxes with the new Mac Book Pro in it and begin the
>> journey into changing from my PC life into a Mac style of computing.

Egun On, Lagunak! (Basque for G'day, Mates)
Pete Nalda
http://www.myspace.com/musikonalda
http://www.facebook.com/lpnalda