Hi list,

Just an update on a technology i follow very closely which will provide tactile
feedback to the touchscreens to come:

http://www.senseg.com/technology/faq/

The whole concept is awesome, and it makes me lack sleep because i keep
thinking of ideas and applications to go with it.

Just imagine feeling like you are touching the bark on a tree on your iphone's
screen or ipad for that matter.

Couple it with a very distinct 3D audio environment laid out in classic 3D and
a few very good storylines and you have a great 3D audio game specifically for
the blind.

My dream since the start of my blind adventure has been to convert classic
titles such as Secret of monkey island to such a platform.

Tests are still very heavy at our studio like integrating acapella libraries
into a 3rd party 3d engine for the iphone/ipad, but we have gone pretty far
with the script, and if this above technology with haptics can be realised
soon, its a step closer :)

"Light has no value without darkness"

blog: http://www.theblindsamurai.com
twitter: http://www.twitter.com/triple7