Hi all,

I'm running VMWare fusion 3.1.1, I believe it is, but this problem was
occurring even with my older version of Fusion.  I'm running Windows XP on the
virtual machine, if that matters.

I've tested several hypotheses, and have reached the conclusion that Skype is
my culprit.  Here's the problem.

If I'm running fusion, and am on Skype with someone on my mac side, every once
in a while the sound card starts making funny sounds.  This lasts for a few
seconds before all of the sound is completely gone.  I can fix the issue by
simply putting my computer to sleep and then bringing it back up, but this will
naturally kill anything I may be doing on the windows side.  This happens
regardless of whether VoiceOver is on or not, so it has to be some kind of
issue between Skype's using the sound-card and windows also trying to use the
sound card.  I think.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Workarounds?