No problem Mark and I am not an iCal expert, but it does work incredibly well.
I know some have seen old data hanging around and all of this can be configured
via the preferences (command-comma). There may be a good book, but most of what
I have learned came as a result of my desire to switch to the Mac at work. Oh
and of course my failing memory and an angry wife because I could not remember
all those dates. :)