From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Geoff Waaler
Sent: Monday, 13 September 2010 12:37 a.m.
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: BlueAnt Q1 headset and iPad [was Re: iPhone: The Missing
Manual]

Greetings Simon and others,

The updater is indeed accessible with JFW.  As I recall you do need to use
the JFW cursor and maybe simulate a mouse click or two but it's definitely
doable.

You will want to read the directions presented on the window carefully
though.  I recall going nuts because my Netbook would not recognize the Q1
as a USB device.  After several attempts I read the Window and noticed the
instructions stated very clearly that you needed to hold down the volume up
button while connecting the headset.

Lastly for those who don't have a way to ascertain their Q1's serial number
necessary to complete Blueant's signup procedure, the link Esther posted for
the updater is still active

http://www.sendspace.com/file/70ciqf

This updater only runs on 32 bit Windows, but will check Blueant's site for
the latest firmware (8.21 presently).

Best regards.

Geoff