If you search this mailing list's archives you'll see multiple large threads on this topic. Last I heard it came down to Firefox wanting Apple to change their accessibility API to align more with what FF has already implemented for other platforms. Apple has not been interested. There is also some funding questions where companies have sponsored accessibility work for Firefox on other platforms (IBM in particular) but nobody has done this for the Mac yet, or at least not significantly.

CB

On 9/15/10 4:45 PM, Daniel McGee wrote:
Hello Ray, thanks for your comments. I will continue to use safari. Just as a matter of interest why doesn't firefox support Voiceover? Is it Apple side of things or Mozilla. And my second question I think you miss understood what I ment. I didn't mean form fields I ment the buttons on web pages. So for example when you go to google.com and I'm sorry to mention windows on this list forgive me if its off topic but its the only way to explain what I am wanting to do. Well useing Jaws or NVDA when you hit the letter b on the google page jaws at least says "google search" followed by the word button to indecate what it is. I hope I have made it more clear now as to what I want. Many Thanks for the VO J command I'll give it a try when I next use a Mac. The web item roter is the command for this VO Plus the letter U? Like I said all these ramdom keystrokes I have learnt from memory and am putting them into practice when I use the Mac at college. Also can this item roter display the buttons that are currently on a page?
Thanks
Daniel

*From:* Ray Foret Jr <mailto:rfore...@comcast.net>
*Sent:* Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:39 PM
*To:* macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
*Subject:* Re: two internet questions with voiceover on a Mac

No Firefox with Voice Over.

Now, to get from one form control to another right away, use VO+j. Another way to do it is to use the web item roter and select for form fields.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

A Very Proud and Happy Mac User!!!

E-Mail:
rforetjr at comcast dot net
Skype Name:
barefootedray

On Sep 15, 2010, at 2:28 PM, Daniel McGee wrote:

hi everyone I have two questions about the internet on a Mac.
1. With Voiceover, is it possable to use firefox or to be even more to the point can firefox work with voiceover if not then even a little? I ask thisbecause today when I went to my college and we were all getting use to the Mac's my teacher mentioned firefox that the sighted were using and from what I heard before when I was on this list is that it doesn't work proaply but I don't know if that's the case still.
and
2. When I was filling out a form today which was a registration for an account for the college my support worker said there's a button at the bottom of the page that we needed to get to. So we VO right to it but my question is there a voiceover command to get to buttons directly on a webpage? I have learned/memorised the heading one but I would like to know the one for getting to buttons just a thought that I would ask this list to help me out. I'm getting there people! lol
Look forward for your responcives!
Thanks
Daniel

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To post to this group, send email to macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries?hl=en.