Hello
Currently I don't have access to safari 5 since I only have an ipad. Any ideas
on when version 5 functionality will be backported to ios devices?

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Blouch <cblo...@aol.com>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 1:32 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Developing accessable websites with jQuery UI

  jQueryUI has pretty good accessibility and will be much improved in
the 1.9 version. The 5.x series of Safari browsers seems to be doing a
better job with ARIA making navigation of web widgets work better. Here
is an example which came out of the AEGIS project to improve
accessibility of jQueryUI:

http://hanshillen.github.com/aegisdemo/

It's a tab widget and each tab has a different kind of widget inside.
I've been working with Hans Hillen and at this point the widgets are
pretty much correct if the screen reader interprets things correctly.
Seems that VO is having some trouble with the tree view at the moment.
Jaws also has issues so it's hard to get it all right.

More info on AEGIS, the EU funded accessibility initiative can be found
here:

http://www.aegis-project.eu/

CB