Interact with the text window then try reading, that sometimes works in cases like these.On Mon, 27 Sep 2010, Sarah Alawami wrote:

Yeah I tried that and it opeend a blank document with a n odd title in text
edit. lol!
On Sep 27, 2010, at 8:29 AM, Jonathan Cohn wrote:

Sarah,

Did you get it to work?  Note there are two special characters in the
command, these are important to get right...

1. There is a "pipe" or "OR bar" as some might call it, (In US
keyboards it is a shifted back slash). This was between say and open.
This command is used in terminal to say send all the output from the
left side into the right side. (I hope that simplification makes
sense.

2. A minus sign in front of the f.  the minus sign makes the f an
option instead of a file name argument.

HTH
Best wishes,

Jon