Donn,a

There is a demo and yes the Express is the version you would demo and purchase.
You can use Image Capture to grab the image from the scanner and ABBYY to
convert the image into something useful. Some scanners are supported directly
by ABBYY, but it must be one with a twain interface as I recall. I just
purchased ABBYY and it works very nicely with my HP Laser printer that is an
all-in-one, CM2320NF.