From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Esther
Sent: Friday, 22 October 2010 3:00 a.m.
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Teaching Mac to sighted people

Hi Simon,

When you have entered your credit card information, route your mouse to the
"Continue" button (with VO-Command-F5, if you do not have your mouse cursor
set to track your VoiceOver cursor) and use VO-Shift- Space to click the
button.  You'll be taken to a "Confirm Order" page which should contain your
STANZACAT discount, if you entered the coupon code earlier.  Click the
"Finish Order" button to complete your transaction.

If you ever encounter a situation where a button press does not seem to
"take" with VO-Space, try clicking the button. Technically, VO- Space should
perform the default action for any situation, which in this case is to click
the button. There are some cases where VO-Shift- Space (which I refer to as
a "software click") does not work, but where clicking with your trackpad or
mouse button ("hardware clicks") will work.  Remember to first route your
mouse cursor to your VoiceOver cursor before you press your trackpad key (or
the whole trackpad in recent MacBook models) or mouse button to click, if
you have not set your mouse cursor to track your VoiceOver cursor in
VoiceOver Utility.  Pressing the "5" key on the numeric keypad with Numpad
Commander turned on also counts as a "hardware click"; it will work in those
same cases where clicking a mouse or trackpad works when VO-Shift-Space and
VO-Space do not work to click a button.

Incidentally, I've read that you can now purchase the O'Reilly eBooks in
iBooks, but I don't think that you get the DAISY and PDF versions of the
book when you do so, and I don't believe you can use any discount codes.
The eBook bundle purchases you make directly from the O'Reilly site should
also update if there are any minor revisions or corrections, or additional
eBook formats made available.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther