Hmm good idea.  I haven't looked at at AppleScript objects for iTunes.
 I expect with a couple of properties a iTunes script could be written
that prompts for a bookmark name and then creates  a  a sdifferent
dialog could then pull up a combo box or list box of bookmarks.

If a audio bookmark management system was generated, should the
bookmarks be system wide or disk wide.

on