Hi Chris,
It's a musical program that lets you play, create, design music from various instruments. It's how some rock bands get started in music. so in esssence it's all about music and there're a lot of musicians on the list who're Mac users! Many of them are professional musicians so their talk is way, way over my head, but I enjoy reading their messages because I learn something.
Isaac
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Westbrook" <westbch...@gmail.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2010 3:24 PM
Subject: what is garage band?

I have been watching the threads with interest and am debating whether to get garage band 11. I am a musician but not a professional one. I see all these different instruments, and I am thinking it would be cool to make tracks that I could improvise with on the flute like my little keyboard had ages ago. I have ilife 10 or whatever the last version was but can't seem to figure anything out. If I select an instrument and check play nothing happens. Not sure what garage band is supposed to do. :)Is there a podcast where I can see someone doing something with garage band so I can get an idea?