Hello,

I have a mixture of Mac and Windows computers in my house and am trying to
figure out the best way to handle my music library so iTunes knows about the
music but where I don't want to manage the library in iTunes.

I keep the music in a directory that is shared so multiple computers in my
house can access the files.  In Windows I just point WMP Media Center and my
Squeezebox server to the folder as a place to look and when I addnew
content, WMP Squeezebox and Windows Media Center automatically update.  I
can tell iTunes to add files from this directory but that seems to be a
one-time action.  If I add new content, I need to tell iTunes to look at the
directory again.  This is both tedious and time consuming.  Is there a
better approach?

The reason I'm using iTunes at all is because I want to be able to put some
of the music on my iPhone.  If there's a better way to do this outside of
iTunes, I'd consider that too.  I do not use the Mac in the house for music
that often.

Kelly