Speak Text Under Mouse is the Announcements tab under Verbosity.  The time
delay slider is right under the checkbox for Speak Text Under Mouse.  This is a
really nice feature, but it won't automatically read text under the mouse in
mail.  Sure works good in Safari though :)

On Nov 5, 2010, at 9:56 AM, Jonathan Cohn wrote:

> Sounds like you might have the option to speak text under the mouse
> after a delay.  I can't remember if this is in the Universal Access
> setting, or Voice Over settings or both.
>
> This can be a nice feature won for partially sighted folks as when
> they hover the mouse over a specific paragraph, the computer will
> speak that text.
> Jon
>

> On 31/10/2010, Colin M <velocity.focu...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jeff and Louie!
>> I have also experienced this as well!
>> I'm using a Imac, what I've found is when I'm changing a file name and just
>> pressed the return key to select edit the name and start typing the new name
>> it says apple in a few letters  like you've said!
>> However when i've let vo say [1-01 abba .m4a edit text]
>> That apple thing does not happen so I presume that typing before it's ready
>> will cause this but what it means by saying apple I do not know!
>> So just try slowing down a few seconds  to see if that helps[ can be  a bit
>> annoying]
>> hth Colin
>> On 31 Oct 2010, at 02:40, louie wrote:
>>
>>> Jeff,
>>> I have had the same problem. I hear app in other applications.
>>> I have a Mac mini.
>>> Hope some one can help us.

>>> louie
>>> louiem...@wavecable.com

Egun On, Lagunak! (Basque for G'day, Mates)
Pete Nalda
http://www.myspace.com/musikonalda
http://www.facebook.com/lpnalda
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lpnalda