When you open TextEdit, don't interact with the edit field.  Hit vo+left arrow
until you hear "rooler."  Then interact with the rooler.  After you interact
with the ruler, Vo left or right arrow until you find the paragraph and line
spacing menu.  After that, vo+space to open that menu.  Then down arrow until
it says double space and press enter.
On Dec 4, 2010, at 2:45 PM, Brianna Snyder wrote:

> Hi Colin,
>
> Thanks, that'll definitely help. But...I can't find the ruler. When I open
> TextEdit, I'm interacting with the edit field. When I uninteract with that, I
> see the regular close, zoom, minimize buttons, and I see untitled, and the
> edit text field.
> Where is the ruler located? I have seen it before, I just don't know how I
> got to it.
> Maybe there's a command I'm missing or something.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Brianna
> On Dec 4, 2010, at 2:10 PM, Colin M wrote:
>
>> Hi Brianna!
>> When you've opened a new text edit window scroll to the ruler and interact
>> with it vo+space+down arrow or with quick nav just press down the down+right
>> arrows together and in there is a menu to change line spacing  and other
>> stuff!
>> when you are done just stop interacting with vo+space+up arrow or with quick
>> nav left and down arrows together!
>> there is a command to bring up fonts command+t how you use it I'm not sure!
>> hth Colin
>> On 4 Dec 2010, at 18:52, Brianna Snyder wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just got a MacBook Pro about three weeks or so ago. I love everything
>>> about it, all except one thing.
>>> What I'm primarily using my window PC for now is writing papers.  This is
>>> because I can't figure out how to change the spacing to double, and the
>>> font to times new Roman, and to size 12 from within TextEdit. I know that
>>> the font changing can be done with the format menu, I think, but I'm not
>>> sure how to do that, and save those changes to the document I'm working on.
>>> What I'm not sure can be done is double-spacing. If so, can anyone tell me
>>> how to do this, and how to change the font?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Brianna

Ryan Mann
rmann0...@gmail.com