Hello Chris,

The general answer to this question would have to be no.  One must have sighted
assistance, at least, at first.

I purchased my Apple TV about 6 days ago here in California.

The first thing I noticed is that, out of the box, VoiceOver was not available
on the device until I updated the firmware of the Apple TV.

Fortunately, I have a 50 inch television and was able to configure my Apple TV
to work with my WiFi; which allowed me to download and install the firmware.

After this, Accessibility was an option on the unit.

I would argue that, for a totally blind person, even if you had an updated
firmware unit, out of the box, you would still require some assistance in
navigation until you enabled VoiceOver.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Mark