Hi Brianna,
        Great questions!  I use my MBP exclusively.  On the 26th I will have
used it for two years.  About a month ago my power supply quit working.   This
was caused by this little plastic clip that is on the computer charging side of
the cord.  While in my computer bag the plastic part cut into the cord then
breaking the insulation, finally causing a short and  the power supply.  I had
heat shrunk the cable  before the supply quit working, however it does not
appear to have helped.  In any case I brought the power supply and MBP in to
make sure that the battery was not the problem.  The tech ran their diagnostics
on the system.  In the 18 months I charged the system around 300 times and the
the batter checked out fine.  Additionally the tech told me that my battery is
expected to be charged and discharged 5000 times.  Finally he told me that I
could glean this information some where in the system and their diagnostics is
just faster and provides additional information.  I have cut the plastic part
off of my new power supply.  An interesting note also is that the old power
supply had an end that came straight out of the computer and was white plastic
just like the old Macbooks.  My new power supply has an end on it that is round
with a brushed aluminum and clips on in a 90 degree angle   I really like my
MBP, however I am finding that the hardware is no different than pc hardware.
This morning I discovered that the left hinge is failing and the display is
rubbing on the body.  This is the second time that something like this has
occurred.  I recommend that you purchase the applecare if you have not already
done so.  merry Christmas.
Sincerely,
Scott