You are right; Command 1 is a better option.
To check what Windows are open in an application, go to the Windows menu and
arrow down. I did notice some other folks had problems with the Mail Busy alert
all of the time so that's why I posted my solution.

It may have also been the reason I was having so much trouble with IMAP. I'm
not having any problems since I switched back to POP.

Thanks everyone for the additional help.

Have a great Christmas and holiday season.
Tom Frank
vermont...@gmail.com