Hi Jim!
Yes you can!
But you might need to do a bit of customisation depending on what you like or
need!
Anyway open vo utility vo+f8 and interact with the categories table!
Pick verbosity and stop interacting, then press vo+space on the general tab [
it might already be selected ] and scroll to the verbosity setting button and
choose low!
Now you will find a lot of things are no longer spoke to you including the item
you wish to stop!
But before you change the verbosity have a look at what is set in the high
settings!
When on the general scroll to the disclosure and expand it with vo+\ then there
will be a table of everything and how its set, just interact  and have a look!
You can change what  and how things are in there!
Each item has the option to go from high to custom!
So pick one that you think might solve your issue and change it to low!
Then leave the window and see if it worked!
If not go back and put that one back to high and change another!
You might set it up in other ways to help you that I cannot think of! ::]
Sorry for the long post but I hope this helps!
Colin
I'm far too bad for Heaven!
The Devil is afraid I'll take his place!