I believe I've seen the instruction that in order to boot from a disk other
than the default, you press the power button and hold the option key, which
will result in a list of choices. Is that correct? Thus, to boot from my SL
dvd, I'd insert it into the  dv drive, shut down, then power up using the power
button plus option key to get the dvd drive as a choice, then proceed from
there to do the disk repair as instructed by Onyx?

Mary
Mary Otten
motte...@gmail.com