Hi,

There is a way to get around this.

Lets take your situation with your drum loop.  Copy the track the drum loop is
on with command C.  Note: pressing the up/down arrows moves you through your
tracks when in  or on the arrange layout area.  Now move to the beginning of
the 7th bar of your drum loop.  and paste with command V.  Now your drum loop
will be 34 bars long.  The thing is, now the drum track will have 2 regions.
while still on the drum track press command J to combine your regions.

hth

Ricardo Walker
rwalker...@gmail.com
Twitter, Skype, and AIM: rwalker296