Greetings y'all,
The help doc indicates that the Editor can assist with syntax, command
selection and pin point errors.  I have not yet determined how to exploit these
features with VoiceOver.

First, I mistakenly thought the command was "display prompt", and when it was
not recognized, went looking for a list of available commands.  As I used the
VO+arrow keys to treverse the window, I only saw a pop up button where the only
available choices appeared to be to tell the current application or 24 other
possible applications.  VO+right arrowing from there shows an empty list of
elements.  Is there a way to browse available commands and have your selection
entered into the source, or is it necessary to keep the AppleScript reference
handy?

Next, I attempted to run the following script:
set MyText = "hello world"
display dialog MyText
resulting in the following:
Syntax Error
A end of line can’t go after this “"”.
OKay default button.

When I changed line 1 to: "set MyText to "hello world" it presented the
expected dialog box, but I could not determine whether it was complaining about
the first or second line,, and it wouldn't seem likely that it was treating my
first attempt as a one liner with a continuation character?  In a two line
script, debugging wasn't to difficult, but in the case of a longer one, it
would be nice to know exactly where the compiler puked.

Finally, I opened the voiceOver dictionary and perused the HTML page showing
available objects and commands.  Is there a way to select commands from app
dictionaries, or is it necessary to manually  cut/paste?

TIA for any suggestions or pointers to information about using the script
editor with VO.

Geoff