Greetings,

I'm having varied symptoms browsing on my MBP.  Perhaps the two are related --
I'm guessing so.  It all started when Webkit randomly hung up.  I would press
the submit button in a form and then Voiceover would repeatidly announce
"safari busy" and "safari ready".  Pressing a key did not take and I had to
close and reopen the browser.

Next, I was unable to update Webkit.  Since that problem appeared to be unique
to me I erased webkit.app and attempted to download the current build.  For
several days now I click on the download link and after about 30 seconds I
receive the following message:

Safari can’t open the page “http://nightly.webkit.org/” because the server
where this page is located isn’t responding.

I can't load that URL on my XP machine either, but can't imagine that my ISP is
blocking it?  I'm also having problems displaying other pages.  For example,
I'm attempting to register at the Apple developer site and it hangs after I
press submit.

I killed my cookies, but this had no affect.  Could not find how to clear any
other cache that could be a factor?

Is it time to reinstall Snow leopard?  Btw, version 10.6.7 is installed, but my
problem began before this update was available.

TIA for any suggestions.
Geoff