Greetings Ann and others,

Okay, so I gather the reason to get both VUEScan and FineReader is that the
former will run the scanner and the latter provides a much better OCR result.
Does finereader resolve the orientation?  There are eight ways to put a page on
the scanner and only one is correct.  One would not need to run through all
four iterations for the blank side, but for many items which are not always
printed lengthwise, it could take as many as four scans to get it right.  Mean
time, when the orientation is not correct, it takes much longer to recognize,
and you end up with a garbage result.

So I will probably download VUEScan and see for myself but thought I'd ask
here, because if ABBYY cannot determine orientation, I will stick with K1000
for the foreseeable future.

Best regards.
Geoff
all four