Cheree Heppe here:

About a year ago, I put out the word on various lists for a Type-n-Speak in
excellent working condition and got one for a newly blinded person around here.

The person, to the best of my knowledge, continues to use this device.  She was
being denied help getting a note taker by, you guessed it, the Oregon
Commission for the Blind.

An elderly friend finds himself in a remarkably similar position and requires a
voice readout note taker because he can't read Braille.  I already tried a
Braille keyboard voice output note taker to no avail because he doesn't know
the Braille keyboard and symbology.  Of course, nobody's teaching him, either.

He is familiar with use of the qwerty keyboard, such as on a Type-n-Speak.  A
Type-n-Speak would let him have better feedback to phone numbers and notes than
using the recorded voice memo feature of the phone.

He once was a very savvy Apple tech user before going blind.  He needs a note
taker so he can write down instructions and such and take it with him for notes
and phone numbers when he is out.

Because we are going to have to get this ourselves, any referrals to reasonably
priced Type-n-Speak equipment would be appreciated.

Regards,
Cheree Heppe