On Feb 16, 2011, at 11:52 AM, Michael Thurman wrote:

> just post t he text if you want to post stuff here   these stes are
> rediculous anyway    if you can't copy and paste the text into the E mail why
> bother  these sites take forever and are almost universally porly written

1. These messages are auto generated by the site. It provides an excerpt, the
length of which I cannot control. It isn't a human copying and pasting the
message into an email.

2. As the main author of the written content for the site, I'm very sorry to
hear you feel our content is so poorly written. I take a great deal of time and
put a great deal of effort into the site, and am transitioning to devoting more
resources to providing news and content. Tutorials, more podcasts, and more
written features are planned. I hope you will find some of it useful. I also
find it a little disheartening that you feel it appropriate to attack someone's
work and don't even take the time to proof read/correct an email you're sending
out to hundreds of others, which serves no purpose but to put down someone else.

3. We've gone over and over the reasons for the moderation choices we make on
these lists. We can't please everyone. We really do try to provide a good forum
and a good web site that is useful for as many people as possible.

Myself, the mods of these lists, and those of us who work on the web site are
not these terrible evil ogres some of you seem to believe we are. We all
volunteer our time for free to provide these things. We try to make them
valuable.

        Josh