Hi,

Thanks, Marlaina, for posting on Macvisionaries, since the discussion has been
going on over on the viphone list.  Here's a quick summary, and you can also
check the AppleVis site, where a full description and links to both the iTunes
Store and the LookTel support web site are posted. Here is a link to this app:
LookTel Money Reader ($1.99) by IPPLEX:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/looktel-money-reader/id417476558?mt=8
Currently available for iPhone (4, 3GS) and iPod Touch (4th Generation).  This
only works for US currency -- trying Canadian or other currency bills yields no
announcements.  On the other hand, I suspect that optimizing for US currency
allowed them to make this app really fast and responsive.  It will identify
crumpled bills, folded bills, and even just parts of bills accurately.   As
Marlaina stated, this is the fastest and easiest to use app that I've found for
currency identification, and better than oMoby for this purpose.  It works in
real time, and responds without having to tap controls, or fiddle with where
you've placed the camera.  On the iPhone 4, if there's not sufficient light, it
will turn the flash on without any intervention required by the user.  (You'll
be able to feel the extra heat and know that the flash came on -- try using the
iPhone camera on bills under a bed spread if you want to test this out!).

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther