Hi Marlaina,

Address Book, just like apps like FInder, iTunes, etc. haw different view modes.  Which mode are you using?
Brett's instructions assume that you are in the default viewing mode (Command-1 "Card and
Columns").  In this mode, which is like Column view mode in Finder, there's a table for Groups, then a
table for Names, and finally a Card for the entries of a particular name selected from the "Names"
table.  When Brett tells you to VO-Right twice, he's telling you to navigate to the Card entry.  You can also
change the view (Command-2) so that only the card is displayed. In this mode you can navigate through to the
next or previous card with Command-Right Bracket or Command-Left Bracket similar to the shortcuts that you
use for your Safari Web browser (to move to next or previous page).  If you have interacted with the
"Names" table then you will, indeed, be taken to the next name in the list when you VO-RIght arrow.
If you stop interacting with this table, your VO-Right will move you first past the vertical splitter and
then to the card entry for the person whose name you have selected.

Incidentally, since you are using a MacBook Air, you can use the TrackPad Commander
gestures to navigate. Flick right (or left) on the track pad, and do a two finger flick
right on the TrackPad to interact, or a two finger flick left to on the TrackPad to stop
interacting.  The card for an individual will only show fields you have entered,  If you
want to edit the card, you will have to stop interacting with it (VO-Shift-Up arrow or
two finger flick left on the TrackPad), then VO-Down arrow (or flick down with the
TrackPad) to the Edit Button, and VO-Space (or Double tap on the Trackpad) to bring up
edit controls.  The basic card template is defined in your Address Book preferences
(Command-Comma to bring these up) under "Templates".

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther