Greetings y'all,

As Paul Harvey use to say, "here is a strange".

In GMail, I have a filter set up to skip the in-box and route list messages to
the viphone label.  This label is treated as an imap folder and shows up on my
iPhone, netbook running xp and MacbookPro.

Last night as I perused email on my MBP I discovered that my viphone folder was
apparently renamed to "m".  Presumably I pressed "m" to skip to a folder such
as macvisionaries, and inadvertently renamed it.

My attempts to rename the m folder back to viphone failed with a dialog stating
that the folder could not be renamed.  I synchronized my gMail account and
selected mailbox -> rebuild with no effect.  I then deleted the m folder and
resynchronized, and the result was that the viphone folder disappeared
completely.  Finally I deleted and redefined the gmail account, only to
discover that the folder did not return.  I tried resynchronizing and
rebuilding again with the same result (or lack there of).  When I attempt to
manually create the folder, it is placed within the highlighted folder --
didn't expect that to work anyway.

My viphone folder continues to function normally at the gmail site, or when I
check mail on either my iPhone or XP machine via MSOE.

Would really appreciate any suggestions as to what to try next.

Best regards.
Geoff