Hi All,

The O'Reilly site has an entry for David Pogue's Missing Manual series at 50%
as an addition to their regular eBook Deal of the Day:

http://oreilly.com/store/dd-pogue.html

This is in celebration of David Pogue's birthday (which I think was actually
yesterday, but the announcement was late, and the web site is still up).  So,
for a limited time (possibly through today), you can get any of the David Pogue
"Missing Manual" series books as eBook bundles for 50% off. That would include
his "Switching to the Mac (Snow Leopard)" ($11.99), "Mac OS X Snow Leopard"
($13.99), and others (on the iPhone, Windows 7, etc.)  These books (along with
the Take Control books) are also available through iBooks (but only at full
price.)  When you buy the ebook bundles directly from O'Reilly, you get
multiple versions that are all DRM-free, and that you can download at any time
from your account.  Furthermore, if there are minor revisions and updates, or
new formats become available, you automatically get these.  My copy of the
Missing Manual for Mac OS X Snow Leopard comes in versions for iPhone (ePub),
Android, Mobi (other PDA devices), PDF, and Daisy, as an exampl
e.  Not all formats are available for all books, but you can check on the
formats that are available, and this range is pretty typical for the slightly
older books, where they started making Daisy format available by working with
Bookshare.

In order to purchase O'Reilly books, you will need to create an account, and
that requires a one-time negotiation of a CAPTCHA.  If you purchase from the
linked Deal of the Day page, the Coupon code should automatically be entered
(or you can copy it and try to apply it manually on checkout).  When the final
purchase page is updated, before you make the actual purchase, you should see
the discounted price.

In general, the main eBook page is:
http://oreilly.com/ebooks/epub/

After you make your purchase, you'll be pointed to two possible links, that you
can revisit at any later time by logging into your account:

If you're on your computer go to:

https://members.oreilly.com/account/emedia

and login with your user name and password to access any of the formats you
use: ePub, PDF, etc.)

>From your iPhone or other mobile device, you can use the mobile emedia site to
>download to your device and enter your login:
https://members.oreilly.com/mobile/account/emedia

For US and International Bookshare subscribers, these books are available to
you as part of the service, but not in the multiple DRM-free formats sold here,
and not with the permanent updates.  So this could be useful if you want to
read these books on other platforms.   I'd say that for Mac users the best
references are the David Pogue Missing Manual Series (for Mac OS X Snow
Leopard, or the guide to Switching to the Mac (Snow Leopard editions), and the
Take Control series guides.  They're different in scope -- the Missing Manual
is a single, large guide.  The Take Control guides are focused and topical, and
have a lot of very good and specific pieces of information about backups, mail,
the command line, 8.0211n wireless networks, etc.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther