For my part I really prefer CD's, as It gives me an automatic backup of my
music.  If I buy a CD then rip into my computer then I have a backup that's
always there.  It's also a means of distribution still for a lot of people.
And, I think People still rely on DVD's to watch movies on their computers, as
well as a lot of software being distributed on CD/DVD as well.  Sure, I think
there'll be more net books, and ultra light laptops without cd drives, but I
think that, people who buy a workhorse laptop or desktop will still want a
cd/dvd-rom drive as part of the package for some time. This is just my own
observation, and ymmv.

On Mar 21, 2011, at 10:33 PM, Frank Carmickle wrote:

> Hi
>
> You can get high quality tracks from http://hdtracks.com.
>
> Enjoy
> --FC
>

> On Nov 18, 2010, at 8:53 PM, Michael Thurman wrote:
>
>> ok the problem is where do you buy higher resolution music? sacd is dead as
>> is dvda because the playback equipment was so overpriced so what's better
>> than cd that I can get my hands on, especialy music i actually want to
>> listen to. most of todays' music isn't worth my time to listen to. I don't
>> care to listen to gangster rap or the g this and g that trash lol I like
>> music that is music and the for the most part forgot how tw to do that
>> sometimes  in the 90s. the last new cd I bought was kelly pickler, before
>> that was a replacement for my rsh presto disc that got lost god knows where
>>
>> On Nov 18, 2010, at 1:06 PM, Scott Granados wrote:
>>
>>> CD disks do not necessarily sound better than downloads.
>>>
>>> It depends on how much compression is used and I'm highly skeptical as to
>>> what the human ear can detect anyway.
>>>
>>> I see value in the digital verses analog discussion but not in one digital
>>> verses another.  The ear is not nearly as good and the brain is even
>>> stranger when it comes to audio signal processing.
>>>
>>> The whole CD thing is over stated.  Remember that the sample rate of a
>>> standard CD is only 44.1 khz meaning that you fall way in to the audio
>>> range and you don't nearly have enough samples per wave.  If you like
>>> listening to sawtooth waves that's fine but for musicality not so good.
>>> You're way in to the audio range when you get to that 10 points per wave
>>> point and I'm not convinced that's even enough to accurately represent an
>>> analog wave.  The newer higher sample rate recording methods, even with
>>> compression in my ear sound better than old slow bit rate CD but thqt's me.

Egun On, Lagunak! (Basque for G'day, Mates)
Pete Nalda
http://www.myspace.com/musikonalda
http://www.facebook.com/lpnalda
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lpnalda