Hi Mike,

I believe a more objective user might put it differently.  The sentence I have
in mind is that the JFW virtual viewer handles this infinitely better than
VO/Safari.  I fear that the all too ubiquitous Pollyannaish attitude  often
seen on this list that voiceOver can do no wrong will result in VI users having
inferior functionality in this and other browsing tasks on the MacOS platform
for decades to come.

Frankly, when I need to copy a large section of text from a web page (E.G.
sharing the latest Ann Coulter column I boot up my XP machine!!

I suspect Christine was already aware of all suggestions offered in this thread
so far prior to authoring her post.  the problem is that IMHO the solutions
offered are not viable  because in many instances such as the one sighted
above, there can be hundreds of chunks of text which all need to be copied one
at a time, MHO rendering the task impossible.  Since there is no feedback given
as you use the shift arrow keys, there is no way to limit the selection, hence
it's almost easier to select all and cut it down.  Much faster to boot up my XP
machine and selectively copy what I want n one step.

If I'm missing something I'd love to be shown the error of my ways, but
Christine has documented what I believe to be a major VO deficiency.

Best regards.
Geoff