Hi Christine,

I modified the subject line to separate this out from your Garageband question.
Flash is largely inaccessible using VO and I've pasted some details about that
at the bottom of this message. But first, here's a method you might find
helpful when attempting to access those flash elements on the Irish Gaelic
language lesson website. These tips came from other listers in the past, as we
all eventually bump up against the inaccessible Flash content issue at some
point. This workaround assumes you either have Mouse Keys turned on (Press the
Option key 5 times quickly to toggle mousekeys) or you have a mouse or trackpad
attached to your Mac and have the trackpad commander toggled off (VO + Rotor on
the trackpad).
1. Install Flash Player.
2. Install the Safari ClickToFlash extension as mentioned in my previous email.
3. Restart Safari.
4. Go to your website: http://bitesizeirish.com
5. Navigate to the "Demo" link and press VO Space.
6. Navigate to the free demo lesson and press VO Space.
7. Press Command + Control + A to tell Click To Flash to load all flash
elements on the current screen.
8. Navigate to item one in the demo lesson.
9. Press VO - Command - F5 to route the mouse cursor to the VO cursor. (Note --
Add the Fn key to that combo if using a macbook).
10. Use your Mouse Keys, trackpad or mouse to move the mouse cursor just
slightly to the left until you hear VO announce "Empty scroll area." This means
your mouse pointer is on the flash Play button. CLick your mouse or trackpad to
activate the play button and you should hear the pronunciation. Repeat steps 8,
9 & 10 for each item in the lesson.

As far as true accessibility of Flash Player under Mac OS, Adobe announced one
year ago that they would be implementing accessibility in the next major
release of Flash Player across Mac, Linux and Windows platforms. That major
release has yet to see the light of day and Adobe has given no ETA. Here's
their blog on the subject and you can add a comment to the blog if you so
desire.
http://blogs.adobe.com/accessibility/2010/03/flash_player_and_flex_support.html

Also, you might consider contacting the developers of the Gaelic lessons
website to ask if they could change from flash or add an accessible alternative.

HTH,
Bryan