I would just like to point out that this is not an OCR app for the blind. Rather it is geared towards those who have some usable vision much like zoom text is. If one buys this app with the expectation that it will be an ocr solution for the blind, one will be disappointment. The fact that people have assumed that this app is an ocr app for the blind has sparked quite a debate on the aiphone list. Hopefully this will help to eliminate confusion and save some one from being disappointed.

Neil

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anne Robertson" <a...@anarchie.org.uk>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: zoomreader for the iphone!

Hello Marlaina,

Really, there's nothing to get excited about. Hardly anyone has had any success with Zoom Reader.

I'm totally blind and get reasonable results with Both Prizmo and SayText which are considerably cheaper than Zoom Reader.

In my opinion, Prizmo is the best so far, and it's multilingual which for me is a big plus.

All these OCR apps require quite a bit of practice before you get good results, but it can be done.

For totals like me, I would recommend getting Light Detector as well to make sure that there's sufficient light for the OCR apps to work.

Cheers,

Anne