I would have a detailed look within the Voiceover utility under the verbosity
section where you choose the level to which Voiceover helps you by announcing
certain things. You can choose the level low, medium and high but you can also
customise each level in greater details. There is a table there with which you
could interact, and check or uncheck or choose various things. Do have a look.
I can't do it now myself but it is just a quick suggestion in case you are in a
hurry.

Hope this helps.

Simon