Hi Kim,
I would suggest that since Click to Flash seems to be misbehaving particularly,
you start by removing that and work your way from there.  I believe the graying
out of items implies some kind of dialog box is open, so I'd also investigate
whatever that might be.  Take it slowly and isolate the problem.  I dare say
something is corrupted somewhere, possibly related to your installed plugins.
I must qualify all this by saying that I've never used Click to Flash myself,
and so don't know anything about it specifically.
Hope this helps,
Zack.