wait for lion, get a mac.
yes, there are significant improvements.
as for your other questions,
http://www.macfortheblind.com
http://www.icanworkthisthing.com
just to name a few tutorial sites, and
and yes, you can save the prefs to a file using the vo utility.
ash
On 12/04/2011 21:31, bigboy529 wrote:
Sorry forgot to ask, if there is VO improvements between OS10.5.8 and
10.6.7, will it really be worth paying $29 for the upgrade? Sure $29
doesn't sound that much but the mac pro in question is not mine but
I'll have to pay for the upgrade if I want it on their machine so I'll
basically pump money in to another persons mac, so is the VO
improvements [if any] really that good for me to basically throegh
money at something that's not mine and that I'll only use as long as I
work there or untill the Lion comes along because I guess it will also
cost around $30 to $50?

bigboy529 wrote:
Hi I used a Mac for the first time today and I must say that I was
surprised by how good voiceover actually was. Just a question or 2,
the mac pro I used has OS 10.5.8, will I see any improvements in VO if
I update OS to the latest 10.6.7 or whatever it is these days? Then
something else, I found the quik start mac tutorial thing helpfull but
is there any more tutorials I can get someware, something which will
teach me some more? The last question for now, I've read someware that
it is possible to save your VO prefferences on a flash drive to use it
on another machine, is it possible to save these settings in a file/
files and then email it to someone to use on their machine?
Thanks a lot...