Sure, you can get those books from the iBook Store that Esther indicated. I
think they are the first I came across when I wanted to learn Objective C.
However, the unfortunate thing is that Voiceover on IOS has no punctuation
settings where you can control how much should be spoken, especially if you
want to hear those end of statement semicolons and braces. So you can Sync or
transfer the books to your PC and read in Firefox using the EpubRead extension.
When you get a Mac, you will find Stanza an excellent app for opening these
epub books., plus most text formats around

Well, I have got some PDF books which I can send you if you contact me off
lists. Some are for IOS development and others for the desktop. A few are for
AppleScript (the native scripting solution for Mac). If you can, the Bookshare
solution indicated by Esther may be viable. Of course, here where I am, I can't
think of joining Bookshare as we do no't have PayPal or any other authorised
dealer in the country. The reasons are mainly political though as we are
considered an economic risk by some international companies. Anyway, if you
can, I think it is a worthy investment.

If you once played with PERL and JAVA, you will find Objective C easier to
master. I think Objective C, especially working in XCode, closely shows the
relationship of language objects to the computer ones. As for money, I think
you only need to worry about it once you are a professional developer and needs
to post an app in the App Store or attending Developer Conferences. In the mean
time, you can just flirt around with creating small apps that may answer your
immediate needs and developing your skills.

Apple has got the AppleScript which is more like English than the Windows
flavours of PowerShell or even JAWS script. The advantage with this AppleScript
is that it can not only tweak Voiceover, but any other app on your system.

Cheers,