Hi Nickus,

Just to add to CJ's comments, you can certainly just update your system to Snow
Leopard.  However, I usually take the precaution of cloning a bootable backup
of my disk before any major upgrades, even though I've never experienced
problems with this.  Also, there may be some software that you have which is
not updated for Snow Leopard, and this way you can always just connect your
cloned backup drive and boot up to it, even with your new system loaded.  (Just
connect the drive and hold down the "Option" key when you boot your computer.
VoiceOver won't speak at this point, but if you press the right or left arrow
key before you press "Return", you'll be selecting the alternate drive as a
boot device.  If you  just press "Return" (without arrowing around) your boot
will start normally from your default drive, and VoiceOver starts speaking as
soon as that starts.)  You can download either Carbon Copy Cloner from Bombich
Software (which is free to download, but they suggest that you leave a
donation, unless you are using this for a school or university) or the free
trial version of SuperDuper! from  Shirt Pocket Software to make a bootable
clone on an external disk.  (It does take a while to run, if you have a large,
full disk to clone, but is a good precaution.)  You can also use the cloned
disk (or a connection to your original computer) to set up a new Mac (in a new
operating system), by attaching the old device and running Migration Assistant
(takes a little over an hour to bring everything over, but is fully automatic).

HTH. Cheers,

Esther