RTFD files are just rich text format with graphics, so unless any other appp
was set to open it, it should open using  TextEdit by default. Just press
Command+O and TextEdit should load the document.

Other alternatives could be just opening the context menu and navigate to "Open
With" submenu and choose the appropriate app. This is only in case you want to
use another program that associates itself with RTFD like Pages or Bean.

That's my suggestion and hope it helps.

Ishe

On 23 Apr,2011, at 11:27 AM, Jürgen Fleger wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> does anyone know how to open attachements in rtfd files on a Mac in Snow
> Leopard? I tried to press VO + spacebar but it didn't work. Then I tried to
> open it from the context menue and eventually I tried to route the cursor to
> it and clicked it by pressing VO + Shift + Spacebar.
>
> Unfortunately I wasn't successful at all.
>
> Do you have a suggestion? Any idea will be appreciated. :)
>
> Thanks and
> all the best
> Jürgen

Ishe