For what it's worth, my own iMapweather radio has successfully alerted me of
each thunderstorm watch and warning that has occurred within the past
twenty-four hours.  In fact, we are under one now.  It also alerted me to a
severe thunderstorm warning issued yesterday evening while we were watching a
movie in a different part of the county.  While the watch/warning box didn't
even affect my home location, it detected my current location and issued the
alert as appropriate.  I had wondered if that would really worked as
advertised, and sure enough, it did.  My only complaint about the alerts at
this point would be the inability to specify a more obnoxious alert tone.
While the app did a great job of sending alerts in the middle of the night, I
was sleeping too hard to have heard them.  In some ways, it would be nice to
have it alert me in the same way the iPhone's timer does, making racket until I
turn it off.  That would be sure to get my attention better. :-)  In any case,
more customization of the alerts would make this app really wonderful.  Having
said that, it does allow for very detailed customization of the type of alerts
I wish to receive, which I have not seen in any other weather app as of yet.

--

Jenny Wood
Phone:  (972) 989-3894